Business Unit: Neo@Ogilvy
Department: Client Services
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, integrated, but digital-savvy and curious account handler to work on a number of key accounts. You will be part of an integrated national agency team, primarily responsible for implementing digital and offline projects as part of larger integrated 360° communications programs in South Africa and potentially other African regions. We are looking for candidates with strong client-servicing skills, a proven track record in delivering projects across online and have comfort in managing many projects at once.
If you are an Account Manager who is passionate about digital media and ready to use your digital communications experience in a fast-paced, analytical environment – then this may be a great next step in your career.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Key role in managing day-to-day relationship and operations with client, agency teams and publisher networks.
- Reporting to the client on account activity / performance.
- Ability to advise on optimisation tactics / best practice.
- Managing projects from beginning to end with support where appropriate.
- Media relations – liaising with publishers / suppliers on behalf of clients.
- Proactively seek new opportunities and innovation in the media space to develop campaigns and organically grow account budgets.
- Responsible for financial management of projects.
- Assisting in the pursuit of new business opportunities within and across company offices and practice areas.
- Strong Client Service skills.
- Digital experience – including project management and display specific campaigns.
- Good financial management skills.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- You have established an effective network of relevant contacts.
- Experience in global or regional hub management.
- Analytics experience (beneficial).
- Must have a love of the media industry, planning and buying.
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter.
- Creative and strategic thinker.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate areas of expertise.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to lead colleagues in anticipating, following and analysing industry trends.
- Committed to deliver high levels of service within appropriate time frames.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Team player – ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to assume personal responsibility for a project.
- Strong sense of accountability.
- Not be phased by the idea of seizing the initiative in a situation.
- Proven ability to develop strong internal and external business relationship.
About the Team
- We are a digitally led media team sitting within a digital media agency, responsible for leading and managing the media clients contracted to the agency as well as fostering client direct relationships. We work as true media neutral planners and buyers, putting strategic thinking at the heart of all campaign creation and management. The role of the planner/buyer is varied and offers fantastic opportunities for cross discipline training.
- Being client leads, the team manages all elements of the campaign planning cycle including briefing, research, insight generation & brainstorming, media strategy, media planning, media buying, execution and reporting.
- Our team plans media across all channels, including Digital Display, DSP, Paid Search, Paid Social, Mobile and ATL media. We pride ourselves on pushing the envelope with innovative planning and regularly incorporate in-depth media partnerships and new platforms.
- The team requires close working relationships with internal Search teams and Creative departments where appropriate. We also work very closely with our Social Media, Mobile and Research teams to incorporate industry leading thinking into strategic planning.
- The team truly integrates both on- and offline media, so offers a rare opportunity to develop a real understanding of the client’s business. Team members develop cross platform thinking in a digital first agency, utilising new media research practices to determine offline implementation (such as CIM research, social media profiling and DSP audience insight).