Business Unit: Geometry
Location: Cape Town
Passionate about language trends in the creative arts and their use for commercial communication. Dedicated to finding means and opportunity to inject innovation into Geometry Global creative work. A strong desire to win awards but can also get a kick out of increased sales, share or brand building results. An optimistic individual who enjoys working in a team whether his immediate creative colleagues and partners or others in the agency who are working on a project. An eye for detail that works relentlessly on craftsmanship in execution
- Work with other disciplines (strategists, developers, media, accounts, etc.) to ensure cohesive team integration, and alignment with broader business objectives
- Work with art directors/ designers to interpret briefs and deliver fresh ideas
- Proof checking of work
- Attend client briefings, compile presentations and present to clients
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Perform any other duties as reasonably requested
- Lead brainstorms and conceptualisation
- Lead the copy and concept of an idea
- Consistently produce creative copy for integrated campaigns, activations, experiential, alternative media, digital media and retail channels
- Participate in pitches for new business
- An established copywriter with proven experience in advertising or journalism.
- As communications are more and more multi-channel, published work that has been executed across different media would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of the key software applications and IT skills for use in a commercial environment.
- Passion for the work and a key driver for high creative standards.
- Excellent attention to detail and continuity across a range of creative elements.
- Strong desire for Geometry Global to be seen as a leader and source of great work.
- Able to defend ideas and support account team in building rationales.
- Take an active interest in language and creative trends in communication and the creative arts.
- Develop a constructive working relationship with account teams. Work with them to develop sales rationales for work to be presented.
- Share knowledge and build excitement of creative trends with others in the team.
- Respond quickly to other team members’ needs, working closely with the account team and traffic on day-to-day aspects of projects.
- Manage clear and action-based communication inside the agency.
- Able to make active contributions at client meetings.