Group Account Director
Location: Cape Town
The Group Account Director is accountable of for managing client engagements including the overall client satisfaction, quality of service, and on-time, on-budget completion of the agency’s services. You will need to effectively manage the account from negotiating statements of work and retainers, making sure work is delivered on budget, and invoicing clients according to the proper terms, with increasing ROI for the agency.
You are responsible for working and building relationships with senior members on the client side and report to the most senior account person (Managing Partner) on the agency side.
As an integrated communications agency, you will need to thoroughly understand the full range of services Ogilvy & Mather offers and be able to work with multiple disciplines across the group to strategically and eloquently solve the client’s business problems.
- Understanding the essential dynamics, strategies and drivers of the client’s business and their challenges.
- Independently lead and make decisions that properly balance the needs of account such as those of clients, internal goals and teams.
- Plan all engagements including goals, deliverables, schedules and budgets by managing the workflow process with support from agency producers by prioritizing projects and resources and by working across accounts to and ensure that teams are staffed appropriately.
- Shaping and driving direction and activity on a given piece of business; recognises and advances big ideas.
- Monitoring, projecting and providing innovative solutions to marketing issues.
- Using agency resources creatively to support client’s business with the ability to lead, guide and manage the entire collaborative team across a number of different disciplines.
- Ensuring overall quality of work and the financial success on the business.
- Managing client expectations, objectives, and timelines.
- Understanding and navigating the agency and client matrix.
- Building and maintaining successful mid to senior-level relationships at the client and within the agency.
- Acting as a resource to team members in assessing ideas and directions.
- Guiding internal/partner teams to deliver integrated solutions from strategy and concept, through to execution, while adequately representing client interests.
- Although this role will oversee the account team, which includes Account Directors and Account Managers, this role is hands on in terms of completing account administration, briefs and contact reports.
- Occasional travel and significant time spent onsite with client is expected.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Post Graduate Degree/National Diploma in marketing, communications, advertising or similar.
- Minimum of 6-8 years recognised ATL advertising agency experience.
- Outstanding track record of working on integrated campaigns/accounts.
- Demonstrated solid senior-level client experience and ability to navigate complex client organisations is required.
- Prior experience in pay-tv related industry is beneficial.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of integrated marketing. How each element performs alone, how they perform together and how they are constantly changing.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing development.
- Experience in communications/media planning, and ability to articulate examples of strategic recommendations they’ve provided, or sold in to clients.
- Agency new business experience is an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively and proactively within a team setting.
- Self-motivated with a hands on approach.
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must demonstrate assertiveness, confidence and passion.
- High attention to detail and excellent presentation skills.
- Depth of intellectuality, strong eye for creativity and high integrity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
ABOUT THE UNIT
As one of the largest communications agencies in the country, our aim is to provide clients with the best work and best customer service. The Client Services department is the link between our clients and us, ensuring that we’re providing “first class business in a first class way”.
We partner with our clients and work across Ogilvy & Mather’s integrated offerings to solve their business problems through creative communications strategy. We’re fascinated by how we can bring in specialists from multiple disciplines and constantly thrive on business challenges, ensuring the organic growth and the successful financial running of current agency accounts.